Monday, October 10, 2011

Response to Poverty Business

I think the companies are destroying the opportunity divide by taking advantage of those who do not have resources to search information themselves. One common thing I noticed about the victims of the being charged high interest rates is the access to computers.  By reading this article it reminded me of a saying that I hear often called, “The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.” Simply that means that the way the system is built it’s meant to keep people from ever crossing that opportunity bridge. I do not understand why you would charge people a higher interest rate the less money they have. It’s the same as me saying the shorter you are the bigger the pants I will give you. The only reason I would do something like that is if I have no intentions on really helping you find the right pants in the first place. It’s corporation’s responsibility to inform the costumer on what they are signing and the options they have when they buy from the company. For a long time companies have falsified information and they really don’t get n trouble about it, because of these advertisement rules to where they can limit the amount of information they give about a product. That isn’t fair that a lot of people get tricked into buying a car or signing a phone contract where they own a lot of money. I would also add on that it’s just as much our responsibility to read up on a product or company so we don’t end up in those kinds of situations. In the article Vincent Humphries (a former Blue Hippo costumer) quoted, “I should have done my homework.” Which means that he should have did a little research before he went through with Blue Hippos.         

No comments:

Post a Comment